ISLAMABAD, 6th July 3018: NAB Karachi last night carried out search of residential premises of an accused wanted in an inquiry. House of accused Adil Omer Deputy DG Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA) was raided and searched under search warrants issued by Judicial magistrate which was located within the limits of Federal B area Karachi. Search of his house was conducted on important leads and tip-off disclosed during inquiry proceedings and for the purpose of tracing and recovering of alleged illegal assets.
The accused has been inquired for the allegations of accumulation of assets beyond known sources of income and living beyond means. The accused assumed charge of the position of Deputy DG SBCA yesterday. He has held important positions in SBCA.
During search of his residence several luxury vehicles, cash and assets were recovered worth over a billion rupees which appear to have been made by the accused out of ill-gotten money from embezzlement of State exchequer. Following is the list of properties recovered under law and included in inquiry proceedings as case property:
1. Vehicle Mercedes C class model 2016 worth 8-9 million
2. Vehicle Toyota Premio worth 2.8 million
3.Suzuki swift model 2014
4. Documents of land cruiser model 2014 worth 22 million
3. Cash/prize bonds : Rs 5.5 million
4. Plots worth more than 500 million
5. Three properties in Dubai
6. Bank accounts with available balance of 50 million.
Accused was not arrested as he is under interim bail granted by Hon’able High Court of Sindh.